Monday, August 4, 2014

Letter #55

Here I am writing from the north side of Laredo! I never thought that would happen, getting transferred just 30 minutes away but its like a whole different world up here. Almost pure English, nice homes and more white people. You could almost call it like a little suburb of San Antonio I guess haha. Also Grandpa E, there is a lot of trucking up here. I see England trucks every so often which is pretty sweet.

I am working the Del Mar area. Its a great area! Lots and lots of English members and returned missionaries. It boarders Mexico and its right smack in the middle of the world trade bridge. We also drive a car. I was kinda bummed out about that, just cause I've been in a car for a pretty long time already, but guess what we get to drive around in? A mini van!! I feel like a total soccer mom driving that thing around. When me and my comp both get out, dressed in white shirts and ties, I feel like everyone in the neighborhood gets a good laugh and then runs inside before we can talk to them. Haha. We will definitely be taking more than enough bike days this transfer.

My new comp is Elder Browning. He's from Washington. He's 22 years old and he's been out on the mission for about 5 months. He's awesome and I love him. He's played football at SUU for about 2 years.

We are getting the area going pretty quick, we found a family of 4 the other day that we are working with. Its the Cantu family. Great family. We've only had 1 lesson with them so far and it went great! They loved it and invited us back. We have another lesson with them tonight and we are hoping and praying that all goes well! Also we are working with a couple named Noah and Karla. They are pretty young. 18 and 17 but they love hearing the message and having us come over. We hope they can all make it to church and we can start seeing some progress in the area!

Here's a cool quote for the day. Its gets me pumped every time I get a door slammed in my face. :)

"Its not about how hard you can hit. Its about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward!" -Rocky Balboa

Love you guys! Have a killer week!

Elder Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment