Monday, June 16, 2014

Letter #48

Pretty solid week in Laredo! Transfer news came and I'm staying here in Laredo for at least another six weeks with Elder Christiansen!. I'm pretty stoked about that. I think Laredo might get the best of me by the time I leave. If not me, then at least my bike. ;)
Have you guys been keeping up with the World Cup?! Its all over down here and I'm about to go nuts. Its a good thing a lot of the members watch it so they keep us pretty updated haha. USA plays Ghana tonight. You all better be watching it!

 We found some really great people we're working with. We ran into an older lady a couple days ago just walking the streets and we ended up sitting down with her and had a great first lesson and she even came to church yesterday! Her name is Maria Elena. She has a baptismal date for the 6th of July and so far everything is looking pretty good! Keep her in your prayers please!
This week I studied a lot about prayer and how key that is in our daily lives. A scripture in Alma stuck out to me. In Alma 37:37 at the very beginning it says "Counsel with the Lord" And i thought about that a little and what counsel really means. Our prayers should be like a conversation with the Lord, letting him know how things are going, asking him for help and in the end, letting him come in and help you with those things. So Counsel with the Lord everyday!!
Love you guys!
E. Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment