Monday, October 27, 2014

Letter #67

What a week! The weather has been really nice down here lately, its actually starting to feel a bit like Fall. That is, its dropped down to the 80's, I don't know if you guys back home would call that Fall weather, but I do here in Laredo.

We had a really good experience last night with one of our investigators, his name is Kurt. He came to church just yesterday and loved it. It was cool cause he just kept saying "I keep getting this warm, peaceful feeling." I love how the spirit works and through those feelings we can come to know if what we are doing is right. Later that night, we stopped by his house and had a really powerful lesson with his whole family. His wife, 16 year old son and 9 year old daughter. We taught about the atonement and what it is that Jesus Christ did for each and every one of us and what we can do to be able to show to Him that we accept that and applied it to baptism and committed them as a family to be baptized on the 16th of November and they accepted! Throughout my whole mission, its been hard to work with a whole, complete family all together. A lot of times we teach broken families, single parents, young kids and I love it, but I'm really excited to be able to work with Kurt and his complete family and watch them progress as a family and support each other through that process.

I don't know if any of you guys have heard about this, but I want you guys to go onto Youtube or online somewhere and look up "Missionary Work and The Atonement" its bits and pieces of talks by Elder Eyring and Elder Holland put together focusing on missionary work and the atonement and the importance of them both. Every time I listen to it it just makes me want to do better! So I invite you all to listen to that this week! 

Life's good! Keep on keeping on!

Love
Elder Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment